What is the #1 book in the world?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
||Da Vinci Code,The
||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
What are the top 10 most read books?
Top 10 Most Read Books in The World
- The Bible – 3.9 Billion Copies.
- Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung – 820 Million Copies.
- Harry Potter – 400 Million Copies.
- Lord of the Rings – 103 Million Copies.
- The Alchemist – 65 Million Copies.
- The Da Vinci Code – 57 Million Copies.
What is the best book ever?
The Greatest Books of All Time
- 1 . In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust. …
- 2 . Ulysses by James Joyce. …
- 3 . Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. …
- 4 . One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. …
- 5 . The Great Gatsby by F. …
- 6 . Moby Dick by Herman Melville. …
- 7 . War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. …
- 8 .
What are the 3 most important books?
The 20 most influential books in history
- On the Origins of Species. Author: Charles Darwin. …
- The Communist Manifesto. Author: Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. …
- The Complete Works. Author: William Shakespeare. …
- The Republic. Author: Plato. …
- Critique of Pure Reason. …
- A Vindication of the Rights of Woman. …
- The Wealth of Nations. …
Topping the ranking of the world’s highest earning authors in 2019 was J.K. Rowling, with an income of 92 million U.S. dollars. Rowling is best known for her ‘Harry Potter’ series, but came under fire in May 2020 for comments on Twitter which users felt were transphobic.
What’s the most sold book?
The Bible is the best-selling book of all time, having sold around 5 billion copies to date. The book had several authors and can be roughly divided into two parts: The Old Testament and the New Testament.
What is the 10 most read book in the world?
Have You Read The 10 Most-Read Books In The World?
- THE HOLY BIBLE. …
- QUOTATIONS FROM CHAIRMAN MAO TSE-TUNG by Mao Tse-Tung. …
- HARRY POTTER by J.K. Rowling. …
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R. Tolkien. …
- THE ALCHEMIST by Paulo Coelho. …
- THE DA VINCI CODE by Dan Brown. …
- THE TWILIGHT SAGA by Stephanie Meyer.
What is the most famous book?
The Holy Bible is the most read book in the world. In the past 50 years, the Bible has sold over 3.9 billion copies. It is the most recognizable and famous book that has ever been published.
What is the most favorite book?
With nearly 8 million ratings, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” is the most popular book of all time on Goodreads and has sold over 120 million copies.
Which book should I read first?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee As you enter the world of this novel, you will learn about different kinds of people. With so many emotions to experience through the book, ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ should be on your list of the best beginner reading books for adults.
Which book is best for reading?
30 Best Books to Read
- To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. …
- 1984, by George Orwell. …
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, by J.K. Rowling. …
- The Lord of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien. …
- The Great Gatsby, by F. …
- Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen. …
- The Diary Of A Young Girl, by Anne Frank. …
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.
What is the name of 10 famous book?
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert. Moby-Dick by Herman Melville. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
What is the 2nd most read book in the world?
The second most read book in the world is the Holy Quran. As per survey the Quran is not only most read book of the Islamic world, but it also the most recited book of all time.
What is the longest book in the world?
A la recherche du temps perdu by Marcel Proust contains an estimated 9,609,000 characters (each letter counts as one character. Spaces are also counted, as one character each). The title translates to “Remembrance of Things Past”.
What is the most influential book in the world?
The Bible has been named the world’s most influential book in a nationwide survey for the Folio Society. The YouGov poll asked people to rank books from a list of 30 works chosen by The Folio Society, according to their significance in today’s world.
||Min. estimated sales
||Number of books
Is J.K. Rowling richer than the Queen?
So, yeah, J. K. Rowling is rich. In fact, she’s richer than the Queen of England. The once beloved and now controversial writer has made an absolute fortune off The Boy Who Lived—she’s currently one of the wealthiest authors in the world.
James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the “Alex Cross” crime novel series.